Re: [ST] RE: A heretic speaks

> > I know I'll probably be burned at the stake for this, but I'm gonna say
>it
> > anyway: I don't think Hinckley Triumphs sound very good. [snip]
>
> > What am I missing?
>
> > John Mikes

John, my boy, with all due respect you are either ~trolling~, insane, or
tone deaf.  I have had the distinct pleasure of hearing 30 Triumph Triples
rip past me, I have had the honor of hearing 50 triples revving in a parking
lot, all with a mixture of stock, "sport" and aftermarket cans.  A finer
sound I have never heard.

Case in point, up in northern Arkansas last year, we are stopped at the Hill
Top restaurant on Hwy 7, for lunch, I hear the familiar sound of on several
4 cyl sport bikes at song coming up the road, a cool sound, but familiar.
THEN as they pass, one by one (about 5 or 6 of 'em) I hear a ~different~
sound.  Sure enough a guy on a Daytona 955i is taking up the rear, a deep
throaty HOWL, much better sound than the whine or the R1's and 929's.  I
think the 4-cyl guys were actually running from the beast  :))

I guess it's like the Harley guys like to say........... "If you don't
understand, I can't explain"

I hear there is a nice Vtec Interceptor for sale.....somewhere  <g>

duncan
dallas