[ST] Back from the Rallye

That was FUN!
Good roads, good riders, great companions. Saw a couple of patrol cars,
and sudden lights and sirens out of nowhere that turned out to be
fire/medical, but gave us a jolt nonetheless.

Despite frozen lips, (29 degrees prior to sun up out of Cedar City,
Utah), blinding sun, (along Hwy 120 in California on the way through
Yosemite, DIRECTLY into the sun, and again, out of Cedar City on some
twisty bits of 14, where the road simply disappeared in a wash of bright
sunlight [but Blake had it worse as his problems were compounded by me
slowing down SOMEWHERE right in front of him]), a few tar snakes, 110
degree heat coming into Bakersfield, and hot coming into Barstow. In
fact, Blake ran out of water in his Camelback and peeled of Highway 40
to a gas station. As I recall I didn't complain in the least. As we
stopped and headed in to the store, there were Marc and Grace's bikes.
So we had a nice little visit while trying to cool our cores. Talk about
a coincidence! Back on the road and we parted company just beyond
Barstow as we peeled off onto Hwy 58. Flash proved to be very
dependable, one again. Although I did discover the effects of a too
tight chain (can you say high speed wobble through sweepers), but that
was my doing not his. I'll have IMX check it out as I am now overdue for
my 42K service. My distance for the trip was 3224.

But the pleasure of the whole event was immense. Great folks, really
great stories, good roads (actually, for high speed sweepers, Hwy 64 was
really good, and we got to ride it 3 times, coming, going, and on the
second day). I do have to admit the Blake was storming around those
turns, and I chalk it up to his knowing PRECISELY how far he can lean
his bike. I don't know that, and am not really that anxious to find out.
Well, sounds good anyway. Another way of spelling chicken, perhaps. But
I rode within myself and had a great time. Couple of good steaks, and a
ton of pizza, and enough "Arnie Palmers" to float a battleship :-)

Mark and Loretta, please post that you arrived home safely. I've been
worried about you since we saw the condition of your rear tire. Thanx.

Special thanx to the Wallanders for getting the rallye together, I think
everyone had a really great time. Looking forward to the next one.

RedDawg & Flash