RE: [ST] Better Helmet

I've been riding with a Roof Diversion helmet since January.

Things I like:
- - ANTI-FOG: The face shield has a fantastic anti-fog coating. On the coldest days in  winter in the early morning (close to 32F/0C in California), it is practically impossible to fog it up.
- - LOOKS: It is just the coolest looking helmet out there(except for maybe the Roof Boxer).
- - WEIGHT: It is a very light helmet.
- - The "where-did-you-get-that-cool-helmet" effect.
- - VENTILATION: it is better than my old Arai Quantum/f when it comes to ventilation.

Things I don't like:
- - WIND BLAST ON FACE: The space between my chin and the full-face covering is just the right size to create a serious Venturi effect. The wind shooting up the front of my face can be really cold in winter or  dry out my eyes in the summer. The effect is minimized when I grow my goatee a little longer, but still annoying. Not everyone would experience it...this may be more peculiar to how it fits me.
- - NOISE: But then again, every helmet I wear seems to be really noisy. Still it is better than the Arai Quantum/f
- - FACE SHIELD CRACKS: Some little micro cracks have occured on the face shield right around the nose ridge. I mostly don't notice it, but at night, it can catch headlights and make for a funky psychadelic effect.
- - FIBERGLASS SHELL: It scratches very easily.

I think I'm going to look into the KBC VR-1 next. It is fairly affordable, and I have a friend who really likes it. But I'm really going to miss the way-cool look of the roof, and the anti-fog protection.

Peter Chittum
'01 BRG ST
San Jose, CA, USA