[ST] Re: Exhaust Smells

> He says the exhaust smell is rich,
> almost like I'm burning NOS
> add nearly a quart of synthetic every 1500 miles

George, you're burning oil! Assuming you don't have a
puddle of oil under your bike when you park, that oil
consumption is very high and must be being burnt. My
2000 RS uses no oil at all between services, and I'd
be seriously worried if it used a quart every 1500.

It doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong
though. You might just be overfilling it. With my bike
on it's centrestand the oil level sits about halfway
up the sight glass. Fill it more than that and it'll
burn it off until it gets back to that level, then
stops. But if your oil level is regularly dropping out
of sight then you have a problem!

Barry