[ST] ST starting problem and 12K service

The intermittant starting problem, where every so often I would turn the key
and the bike would go dead as if the ignition fuse had blown.....turned out to
be umm...well...bad battery...doh!  In my defense I charged the battery and it
appeared to be good.

The 12k service cost $850.00, they found 4 loose valves, bad radiator cap, bad
battery (wouldn't hold charge long enough to load the new tune). They also
notched the frame around the fuel fittings (wich is now done at the factory on
'02 & newer models). If you have an '01 or older you might want to look at this
issue. (on mine the frame was actually touching the plastic elbow that comes
out of the fuel tank)

I haven't picked it up yet but the service manager says it's running extremely
well.  Maybe I'll actually get to ride it this summer!

Steve Bergman

'01 ST