[ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #176

> > AH-HA! So the factory, in a surreptitious fashion, has admitted that
> > there is a problem with the fuel fittings. Seems to me that this is
> > what has been causing them to fracture. Is there a service bulletin? Or
> > is it something that the mechanic just happened to know about?
>
> Yes indeed! It is definitly what caused mine to fracture. The elbow was
leaking
> and when me and my ham fists tried to remove it I broke the one next to
it.
> When I replaced it I shimmed the tank mountings so it was lifted up a bit
> keep the two surfaces out of contact. It didn't seem like it was a service
> bulletin I think the service manager just saw how the factory was changing
the
> frame and came up with a solution for the older bikes.

There are replacement ends from Triumph instead of replacing the whole line.
The part # for 10mm ends is T1241170. This is what is used on the ST.
There was no service bulletin but any Triumph dealer should know about the
release of this replacement part and NO ONE should be charged for a whole
line. If your bike is under warrantee then Triumph will warrantee the end
only if it breaks..

End of st-digest V2004 #177