Re: [ST] RS shock dimension?

> As for the Hyperpro unit addressing both the front and
> the rear for the same $, as opposed to the Racetech
> solution only addressing the front, I don't agree with
> that either.

Bryce,
All I have to say is ride a bike with HyperPro's!  I beat the theory to
death.  Did all the research you could without getting on a bike.  Found a
VFR guy, an FZ1 guy, and an ST1100 guy with glowing reports on the
Hyperpros.  Got a good friend who did several RT installs (himself not a
dealer) as well on several different bikes and he is now riding Hyperpro.  I
also did an RT install (me not a dealer). I have an RS and the Hyperpro ST
which I have ridden on back to back days, and there is no comparison between
the ride, Hyperpro's are just much better.

Your comments on hydro lock and the fork becoming a stilt must be based upon
a premise that the spring would hit max compression at or shortly after
hydro lock since you are implying that the spring does not absorb any of the
shock, it is the fluid in the damping rod doing all of that.  That is not a
correct assumption.  There is a great demo with a straight rate spring and a
raising rate spring of the same free length, diameter, and wire size.  You
can compress the straight rate to max compression with a bit of an effort,
but the raising rate just gets tougher.  Point is that a well designed
raising rate spring is doing the same thing that the damper is doing with
fluids in the spring itself.  Hyperpro provides a 5w fork oil with the kit.
(stock oil is 8w not 10w as is commonly stated, but then again viscosity in
fork oil is not held to the standards of motor oils)

Heard all the old time suspension guys say raising rate springs are snake
oil, but two winners at Daytona ran with them and Honda, who owns Showa got
springs from Hyperpro for one of its race teams at Daytona.

So you can believe what you want.  You can do all the bench racing you want.
Ride them and see what happens then.

Rod