[ST] Gas tank question.....

I found something really strange with my gas tank yesterday and was
wondering if anybody else has experienced this same phenomenon.

While washing my ST (2002) I found a small bulge in the tank.  It's located
on the right (throttle) side a little bit in front of the seat.  It starts
right at the bottom edge and goes up about for about an inch.  You can
easily feel it as you slide your hand along the tank and it's quite visible
too.  It looks like the tank's been dented from the inside.  This is my
first resin tank so I'm not sure what to make of it,  I swear it wasn't
there last fall when I winterized it.

FWIW - The dealer claims to never have heard of this happening.  I'll take
it up there as soon as I can.  They want to take a look inside using a
mirror and flashlight.

George