RE: [ST] No More Group Rides for Me

Group riding is a lot like the old George Carlin routine (paraphrased);

Anyone riding faster than you is "maniac" and should be avoided at all
costs.
Anyone riding slower than you is a "moron" and should be left in the dust.
And of course, anyone riding at the exact same speed as you is dangerous
in the extreme and you should do your best to get away from "them".

I love small rallye's, where everyone comes from all over to a common point.
  Then do some good bench racing and lie telling, and even a "group" ride
the next day.  Then everyone heads out, back home, on their own route, (or
non-route, I my case).  I really don't like to group ride with more than 4
or 5 bikes, and that's if we are all in sync.

Actual traveling is a whole 'nother matter.  I hate traveling in a group.
One other like-minded rider is OK, provided we are truly "in synch".  When I
am in "make time" mode, I don't like to stop, or slow down or stop and smell
the roses.  And I damn sure don't want anyone taking off their freakin'
helmet at a "gas stop" !

Duncan
Donut
Dallas

"Officer, it was some 'other' Red bike, I swear"