Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:57:57 -0400
From: "Heyer, Matthew A." <mheyer@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [ST] RS shock dimension?

OK - for those folks who don't have to deal with this stuff.  It's when
there is a crack in the road and water gets into it.  Then the water freezes
and expands and thus causes a bulge/heave/bump in the road. They tend to be
sharply raised, so the impact on the front fork is sudden.  They can occur
in random places on the roadway, but seem to be common at the seems in the
road (especially poorly designed ones, of which there are too many...)

Matt Heyer
'01 BRG Sprint ST