Re: [ST] Chains

So how exactly does one determine "shot"? I just gave my chain and sprockets a good cleaning this weekend. Sprockets still look decent, but the chain adjustment marks on the swingarm are only showing one dot (RS, not ST). So, I'm running low on adjustment room which means the chain has stretched some. Note that I put an 18T front sprocket on last season, so that added some slack.

I'm going to go to a 45 tooth rear sprocket when I get a new chain. I believe a stock length chain will work with 18/45 gearing (w/ chain adjusters way forward). Can anyone with an RS confirm this or not?

Garry