Re: [ST] Chains

When a chain is really shot a couple of things happen first off since it's
streched past it's correct shape/lenght it doesn't ride on the sprockets
correctly. This will lead to the sprockets being worn out. But one usually
replaces chain and sprokets as a set anyway, since worn sprockets will
cause a new chain to wear out much faster. I guess the worst thing that can
happen is the chain breaks or maybe if it was really, really streched out
it could jump off the sprocket. Either one is gonna be a bad bad thing. If
your chain is shot.. no more adjustment room left ,it's time. You should
with proper maintenence get about 20-25K out of a set of chain and
sprockets. Also the bike will run smoother with new chain, etc

Erik