[ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #201

>Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:05:19 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Bryce <bster13@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ST] ST Centerstand on RS, clearance issues?

>Just wondering if there are any.  I brought this up
>awhile back but didn't receive a definitive answer,
>thus my hesitation in being the guinea pig. :p

>It's not like I am scraping pegs through every turn,
>but I will be returning the Gap this year on my long
>trip and something tells me I'll be moving along at a
>good clip on various roads down there. ;)

>I know the pegs of an ST will touch first, rather than
t>he centerstand, but the RS has higher pegs and
>shorter peg feelers when compared to the ST so I'm not
>so sure the centerstand wouldn't touch down first.

>Has anyone an hard data on this?

Bryce, I removed those long feelers a long time ago and since then scrape
the holes were the pegs once were. (see photo link). I've never touched the
stand or pipe, just the nubs, my boots and right fairing lower-(soft part)

http://members.cox.net/bigrex/ST-2
http://members.cox.net/bigrex/ST-3
http://members.cox.net/bigrex/ST01
http://members.cox.net/bigrex/ST02
http://members.cox.net/bigrex/Team7

And yes I know that left boot is that way due to bad foot position (old
lower leg injury -:)
I'm on my third pair of riding boots in three years. The 3rd pair will last
as I no longer have to ride the Sprint on the track.

Bob Nixon -Chandler Az 58 & still young.
01 Sprint ST (RED) 42K miles
03 GSXR 1000 Silver

PS. it also helps to screw your front preload way in, stiffen up the rear
spring and rebound, late apex and never drop the throttle, mid turn.