RE: [ST] Gas tank update......

> I visited the local Triumph dealer about the bulge in my gas tank.
Hmmm
> he
> says.  Turns out that there is an EPA check valve on the vent tube
that
> seems to be the cause.  The mechanic says it's there so if the bike
tips
> completely over on it's back no gas will leak out.  So he immediately
> pulled it off.  Says Triumph can't legally say to remove it but they
say
> if
> happens to fall off don't worry about it.
>
> So the end result is the tank is hosed (pun intended).  They're
starting
> the process on getting me a new tank.  You all may want to check into
that
> valve,
>
> George

Speaking of gas tanks. At the end of last season I noticed that there
was water around my gas filler hole. There is a hole that is supposed to
drain any water (rain?) that gets in here. When I put the bike away for
the season I shoved a long piece of wire down this hole. The wire went a
long was down and then stopped on something. Today I noticed some more
water collecting there. Is there a valve at the bottom of this tube? If
so where do I find it?
Thanks
Rupert
99 ST