[ST] Engine buzz and balance shafts

Hey everyone,

I've begun to notice a distinct buzz from the engine, especially at certain
RPMs.  I can feel it in the foot pegs and the clip-ons; after a while, my
heels go numb and my right hand starts to ache.

I have talked to other bike owners (other brands of bikes), and a lot of
them attribute similar problems on their bikes to improperly adjusted
balance shafts.

So, my questions to you guys:

  - Does the ST ('03 model) have balance shafts?  (I would assume so, but
you never know)
  - Has anyone tried adjusting them to smooth out the engine?
  - How do you adjust the balance shafts on our engines?

Thanks!
  - Dave