[ST] A little off the subject

Alright, I know this is a Sprint list, but I'm thinking about getting
another bike (of course a Triumph!) (of course I'm not getting rid of the
Sprint!!) and was wondering if anyone could assist in some questions I had.
Again, I know you're mostly Sprint people, but then again you are all
Triumph people.  Anyway, a couple of things.  First off, I'm thinking of
getting the Speedmaster.  Test rode one this past weekend, and like I posted
previously, could really see adding one to my stable.

1- I'm a little concerned about the 790cc engine being underpowered.  Anyone
know from friends or wherever if the concern is unfounded?  I realize that
it is not a Sprint, but I don't want to have any issues hauling around a
passenger, going up hills, carrying some gear, etc.  It was fine for the
test ride with my ass on it, but I didn't really get to do what I wanted
with the bike.  So any input from people who know of the engine (really the
same engine in the Bonneville America, but geared a little lower for more
grunt) would be greatly appreciated.

2 - Along these lines, my next question is about the rumor that the
Speedmaster will have the over-bored (90mm) engine from the Thruxton thrown
into it later this year.  Does anyone know anything about the legitimacy of
this rumor?  Is it really going to happen later this year?  Or maybe in a
year or two?

3 - Additionally, has anyone been on the Thruxton and can offer some info on
that engine.  If that engine were to be put in the Speedmaster, would that
be sufficient for my concerns?

4 - And one last one, the granddaddy that will win you some beer or whatever
when I run into you at a RAID or Rally or the such - if you've been on both,
is the difference significant?

Again, any help on these will be greatly appreciated.

Matt Heyer
'01 BRG Sprint ST