Re: [ST] Fuel gage acts up when the engine is HOT

Rick in Oregon with a '01 Sprint ST:

>As to recalls, my recollection is that the only sender recall was for
>leakage due to improper assembly by the vender.

You came in late to the game. Those of us who bought early Sprints,
first got inaccurate gauges where they would show empty with a full
tank, full with an empty tank, or swing randomly around. Then when
that model was replaced with an "improved" design, we started seeing
the leaking fuel senders.

Personally, I had two of the first style, and two of the leaking
ones. I'm on the fifth sender, and knock on wood, I think they
finally got it right and this hasn't been an issue for several years.
- --
Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned