Re: [ST] Fuel gage

> As far as I know my '99 has the original part in it - doesn't leak or
> report reverse or swing around, but then doesn't show all the way full
> when I fill up, and that last half tank goes away a ton faster than the
> first half so I tend to keep to the 200 mile mark on the tripmeter.

The sender/gauge operation is affected by the shape of the tank.  It might
make more sense if you consider this theory:  After ~100 mi. of moderate
riding, when the needle starts to drop from "full" to the upper mark on the
gauge, I consider that half-full.  About 50 miles later, when the needle
points to the middle mark, that's quarter-tank and in ~50 more miles when
the needle indicates the the top of the red, the low fuel light comes on.
HTH,
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST original sender still works & doesn't leak!