Re: [ST] Fuel gage acts up when the engine is HOT

Ahhhhh, Bil,  remember the glory days when we didn't have no stinkin gas
gauges??   :))))
All we had was a petcock, usually a devil to turn and we would wait for the
bike to start sputtering, then reach down under the tank and turn the
blasted thing to "reserve", then hope for a station to pop up.  Of course,
we would then "forget" to turn that stupid petcock back to normal, then the
next time the bike began to sputter, we were already "on" reserve, so it was
time for a little pushing.  Funny, that next gas station was always closer
when flipping onto reserve than when pushing the beast.   (of course my use
of "we" is the royal "we")  <bg>

Ahhh, misty water-colored memories............

FWIW, a gas gauge on a bike will always just be a tertiary instrument to me,
the tripmeter will forever be my main gauge of miles left in a tank.

Steve
   Duncan
       Dallas
          Tejas