[ST] Penske Shock longer than stock....potential problems?

My stock shock is 365mm eye to eye.  The new Penske
shock with no ride height added measure 368mm eye to
eye.  I was told by Penske that the 3mm will make a
difference, but a very small minute difference, making
the bike turn in a smidgen quicker.

Now while my goal was to have the turn in quicker i
the first place, I'm not sure if I should send the
shock back in order for them to make it EXACTLY 365mm
eye to eye or not.  I figure I have 12mm of ride
height adjustment, why wouldn't the Penske shock be
365 just like the stocker and then adjust from there?

Then again, Penske states that most race bikes add
8-9mm of ride height to their bikes to get them
turning in quicker, so 3mm isn't so harsh for a street
bike.

Thoughts/advice?

I will have to say that Penske has been very
understanding, and the one time I sent my shock back
already then had it 'fixed' and shipped the same day.

Thanks,

Bryce