Re: [ST] Freaking potholes...

> Sorry to hear about the wheel.  I hit a bump down in WV or VA, even had a
> sign "BUMP".  DAMN, I thought I was going over the bars.  It didn't look
bad
> as I came up on it, but it was a lulu.  Lucky I didn't bend my frame.
Does
> this mean your out of action or just wounded???

I haven't seen it yet. I know I hit the pothole at low speed (1st gear
poking around a parking lot). Can't imagine that I did a lot of damage. I
rode home on the highway (65-70 MPH) for 30 minutes and never noticed
anything odd. I rode the bike to the shop for the service for another 30+
minutes of kinda twisty country roads yesterday and never noticed anything.
But the shop guy sounded a bit concerned. Had the shop guy not said
something, I wouldn't have suspected anything. We'll see. Might just be a
flesh wound :-)

The parts guy at the other local shop mentioned that there are wheel repair
/ straightener places out there. Pittsburgh supposedly had a really good
one, but the guy died/retired and no one took over the business as far as he
knew. Anyone have suggestions for places that can repair a (hopefully
mildly) dinged rim???

Garry