[ST] working on the ST

So today I was at a friends house and decided to have a go at fixing my
stiff throttle (thanks for all the info Bill). Took the left side panel
off and removed the cable from the handlebar end. Lubed the cable using
'dri slide'. There seemed to be an improvement but I decided to keep
going. I removed the rear plastic and the tank and lubed the throttle
body shaft.

I had posted before that water collecting around the gas filler was not
draining. I tried pushing a stiff wire down this hole before but had no
luck. Since the tank was off I removed the two vent tubes and pushed the
wire up from the bottom and sure enough one of them was clogged. Sorted
:)

I put it all back together and what a difference. Only thing I forgot to
do was adjust the free play at the engine end. The free play was fine
before but for some reason there is now not enough free play and no
adjustment left at the handlebar. So I will have to sort this out at
some point.

It has been a while since I have worked on a bike and I enjoyed it.

I was planning to change the fuel filter (I assume it is in the tank).
Now I am also thinking about balancing the throttle bodies. Has anyone
tried this? How hard is it? What do I need to do this?

Thanks
Rupert