Re: [ST] It's been at least a week since we had a tire thread....

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:16:53 +0000, rmcclaran@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Does anyone have any experience running Michelin Pilot Roads
>or the Metzler Roadtech Z-6?

I have used 3 sets of Pilot Roads. They are a good tire with better then
average mileage. My only negative is that as they wear out my Sprint ST
developes a tendency to stand up a bit in corners. They feel of well worn
Pilot Roads is not so good. Of coarse all tire feel much better when new.

These are the tires I have tried:
All these tires handled ok and stuck well enough to fast on (no trackday
tests)

Metzeler Sportec M-1		don't last at all
Bridgestone BT020		ok, but nothing special - only fair grip at rear
Metzeler MEZ4		good, average life
Avon AV46ST			good +, average life
 Michilen Pilot Road		good, fairly good mileage
Dunlop D220 			on my 2nd set, the first set were the early
version that I have heard was too soft and now changed to last longer. The
first set rode very well but did not last.

David W. Funk
'00 Triumph Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA