Re: [ST] HyperPro Progressive Fork Springs

> I'm playing catch up here Garry, so sorry if this is old news (or obvious
> to some) but it took a "wee while", as they say in Scotland, for the guy
> fitting my spring to figure out how the spring came off the rear shock.
> Maybe your guys will know this, but the spring comes off over the top. If
> you compress from the top down, the preload unit slides down (once the
tiny
> allen-grub-locating screw is removed) to reveal a ring clip holding that
> unit in place. Undo that clip, and ease off on the spring compressor and
> the whole preload unit eases off and the spring can be removed.

The local Hondakawazuki shop had the tool Charged me $30 (0.5 hour) to
replace the spring. I've only put 40 miles on the bike with the new shock
spring, but it's certainly more compliant. I didn't have anyone around to
help measure/set static sag, so I'm guessing with preload settings at the
moment. Initial impression is good, but not amazing. I didn't pay for
amazing, so indications are that I will be a very happy camper...

Garry