Re: [ST] Race tech cartridge emulators

- --=======7F6BAF9=======

At 03:53 PM 4/27/2004 -0400, Rod Brown wrote:

>-snip-  When it comes to Race Tech's recommendations, they are not the
>most reliable either.     -snip-    I would recommend calling RT and ask for
>someone who knows something.  DO NOT take any answers from "Vally Girl" ,
>that's what I call the girl who answered the phone every time I ever called,
>and I called a lot because I was sent the wrong emulator (just a simple
>error on the order form).

Rod,
I'm not sure how you find someone at RT that knows something.  When I was
shopping for springs for my ST and couldn't find a listing on their
drop-down menu I sent an email inquiring about the proper spring
selection.  Here's the response I received from the assistant sales manager:

Subject: RE: Product Fitment for Triumph Sprint ST

Craig,

If you looking at getting a pair of our springs remove one of your stocker
& call us with full dimensions. Well need to know the ID, OD, & length in
mm's. This is the only way to be sure of what in your bike. Looking forward
to hearing from you. Contact us direct or via email..

Thanks,

Brad Bailey/ Assistant Sales Mgr.
Race Tech. Suspension Co
(909) 279-6655 x111
bbailey@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I would have assumed the sales people would have sent the request for info
to the tech department and that they (tech dept.) would have been familiar
with the Sprint - but I guess not.

I know this is off the emulator topic, but I'm not sure what I need at this
point (I haven't yet replaced the springs).  I seem to be heading more
towards the touring end of the bike rather than the sport end and on a
recent trip, found the bike behaved horribly (I think due to too much
weight and perhaps the use of the top box).  If I go to RT springs, do I
just replace the stock springs with RT's comparable spring, or do I add the
weight of luggage, etc., to my weight and seek a heavier spring?

Craig

- ---