Re: [ST] Earl in them hills....

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Derek Randles wrote:

> Ok clan, thanks again for the info. Dealer could not get me in for 10 days
> so found a local shop that is willing to tackle EBC brakes on the ST!!

Cool, make sure you let 'em know the torque values for the caliper, wheel,
etc.  I found things way over torqued once, and that from a
"Triumph" shop!

> Now, since only the T dealer has the high end (high priced) Triumph Spec
> Mobil 1, does anyone else have any recommendations on other synthetics other
> than the T-spec?

Golden Spectro synth, Motul synth, the Mobil 1 for Motorcycles 10w40
synth, whatever!

> So, all recommendations are greatly appreciated. Also, I am now at 10k, and
> will be in need of valve adjustments soon, is there a specific tool that is
> necessary for the valve adjustments? From the info on WebBikeWorld, it
> appears there is a plate needed. Hell if I know crack about adjusting the
> valves.

Yes, there is a tool, I've not done my own yet but preparing to
learn.  From what I'm told so far it's not too tough to get in there, it's
getting everything hooked back up and the airbox in place when putting it
back together that's the beoch.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '98 VFR800FI -hers    ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  '89 Hawk GT  -hers   Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  66    U    AMA,CMHmoto,HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail