RE: [ST] Fuel level sensor LEAK

> My '00 Sprint ST has a fuel leak coming from the fuel level sensor. I
> recall some comments on this problem and want a quick refreash.
>
> Q. Can the leak be fixed?

I could not find one at a dealer and had a was going on a trip the next
day. I bought some epoxy and re-epoxied the bottom of the sender. I went
all the way out to the edge of the sender. I think the epoxy said
something like 'fuel resistant'. This was 7000 miles ago and so far it
is fine.
http://www.rgalea.com/bikes/st/index.html

Auto stores also sell a putty to repair fuel tanks which may be a better
bet.

Seal-All was also recommended to me
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/reviews/SealAllGlueReview.htm
I could not find it at the time but have since discovered that Target
sell it.

> If not I guess I have to buy a new sensor.
> Is the gasket around the sensor reusable?

Yes

> Is the gasket around the main fuel connection plate (with all the
hoses)
> reusable?

Yes