[ST] Paniers

Blake Sobiloff wrote:

 > On Aug 4, 2004, at 3:05 AM, Mark Ridler wrote:
 >
 >> This has also been a constant worry for me as well, I've noticed that my
 >> panniers (the right side more than the left) are loose.
 >

 > It seems to bother a lot of folks that there's a fair amount of slop
that develops after a short while, causing the panniers to "flap" a bit.
  However, mine have been flapping around for over 40K miles and I
haven't had a problem yet.  They're attached to the bike, rain or shine.
  Quit fretting and ride! :-)

I put about 20k miles on my sprint ST's luggage, low/no speed sit downs
on both sides (don't ask), and rear ended by a stupid cager and never
had a problem with the panniers wanting to leave me. But honestly could
you blame them :-) When I was rear ended, the pannier was partly knocked
off, but I completely removed and it just went back on.

IIRC correct you can gently re-bend the latching mechanism to achieve
that tight fit again.

FWIW, one of the reasons I want a Tiger is that I believe that OEM
Triumph luggage is about the most usable luggage on a bike I have seen.

Cheers,
Tom