From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Terry
Lewis
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 12:16 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Fuel Connector Recall Question

What's been the list's experience with this so far? My

wife & I were leaving a stretch break about 100 miles

from home at the end of a  great weekend. I pull out

of the parking spot and, smelling gas, look at the

side of the bike to find fuel streaming down the side

of the bike. Fast forward - bike's at the dealer. He's

telling me Triumph has told him there's a recall but

hasn't determined the fix. Rubbish, says I as I head

on over the the NHTSA web site and get all the

details. Dealer now tells me he doesn't have the part

and will have to replace my broken feul connector with

the same part that's being recalled. Now, I've had 4

years and nearly 38,000 miles on the bike, so at least

I can get back on the road and I'm not all that

worried about it breaking again any time soon, but it

doesn't' seem right I should pay for this. Also, I got

to wondering if others here are running into this same

kind of response, meaning Triumph is putting the

dealers in the middle of the situation, or if my

dealer's just feeding me a line.

Terry Lewis

'00 RS