RE: [ST] re: Fuel fitting recall

> They also said the fuel sender, which I believe to be leaking, has
already
> been replaced under warranty/recall/whatever and since the machine is
out
> of warranty now triumph will not pay for the replacement of it. They
> looked
> that up by the bikes vin # and checked with Triumph. Shouldn't they
> replace
> the faulty replacement regardless of warranty? I definitely think so.

I had the exact same problem. I was told by my dealer that I could try
taking it up with Triumph. Since I was leaving on a bike trip the next
day and Triumph had not returned my call and no one had one in stock
anyway I repaired it myself. My guess is Triumph will just check to see
if the recall was done on your bike and leave it at that. Since this
involves the dripping of gas on a hot engine I think it would be smart
for Triumph to take care of it!
Rupert