Re: [ST] Who's Selling????

"Peckham" wrote:
> That would be me ma'am.  And indeed that is the road to Windy Ridge.
It's
> the only decent road in Washington --

Hey DA,
There are a few others worthy of our attention.  If you ride in the
west, check out : http://www.benchmarkmaps.com
and
http://www.destinationhighways.com/

> or at least it was until they painted
> those double yellow lines on it.

Didn't make my day either!  It's still a neat road though,
particularly on weekdays before the tourists come out enmasse.
Happilly, many of the cagers will actually wave you past.  You just
have to be willing to squint a bit so the double yellows don't
interfere with common sense riding.

Ya gotta wonder about a juristiction which paints a double yellow down
the middle of a mile-long straight.  Sadly, it's an
increasingly-common trend, even on forest roads, one that's making law
breakers out of lots of otherwise safe & lawful [OK, mostly lawful]
riders.  Can you say revenue?

> Been riding so much dirt that I've only put 300 miles on the Sprint
this
> year.  It's a shame.  I'd like to see someone use the darn thing.

'Tis a shame indeed but priorities is priorities.  Once I get a dirt
squirter, I may cut back on my street riding a bit, as well.

You gonna have a bike in the IMC this year?

Ride well,
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST