[ST] Double Yellows

Call me crazy for giving the underpaid bureaucrat the benefit of the doubt, but (in CA anyway), marked highway speeds have increased over the last few years. With higher speeds, distance to pass increases, creating a greater propensity for accidents. In corridors where head-ons are more prevalent, it makes sense to just tell people "don't pass", even if the stretch of road appears to be long enough to make a safe one. I don't think it is a revenue-driven thing, since a lot of these places have little, if any, enforcement.

Having been forced to take traffic school several times in my life and having a friend who was in traffic management for a local city, I've come to the conclusion that most traffic control is, in fact, accomplishing exactly what government should be doing, looking out for the good of the people. Even though it bugs the $hit out of me.

They just need to come up with motorcycle-safe passing zones, that's all.

Peter Chittum
'01 BRG ST
San Jose, CA, USA