Re: [ST] got fuel line quick disconnects?

Chuck wrote:
> I am aware of the tank disconnect recall, but I am ignorant
regarding the
> clutch cable.  I purchased my st used, can someone educate on how to
tell if
> the clutch recall work has been done?

Not sure if the 2000's were included in the recall action, but you
should be able to tell if you have the updated cable

Here's my post on the matter from June:

I should have told you how to tell which cable is installed.  On my
bike,
the original cable had a stainless steel sleeve over the end which
inserts
into the lever opening and the bent metal tube at the lever end of the
cable
had a bright finish.  The upgraded one has a (red?) plastic sleeve
which
fits into the lever and the metal tube is finished in black.
HTH,
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST