Re: [ST] RE: Drain Tank

After reading this gas tank thread and the quotes on
the pint of gas equaling a stick of dynamite I thought
I might pass along some of the tidbits I learned in a
Navy fire fighting school.

 Gas in its liquid state is not flammable I have watch
matches extinguished in a tub of gas. However the
FUMES are highly flammable. The most dangerous time
while working with the tank will be when it is empty
and still has fumes in it. While on active duty a
couple of sailors where killed when a spark blew up an
empty gas truck.

As someone else said use an approved storage device
they are designed to hold the fumes in and to lessen
the risk of static sparks.

As for the pint-o-gas = 1 stick of dynamite it may be
I could ponder ways to make that happen??..But I don?t
want to have to talk with any of the federal guys just
now.

Well enough of this stuff time to go back to work and
dream of riding.........

Martin Waltman
01 ST Blue