From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Neil
Lindsey
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 11:13 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Mobil 1 15W-50 SuperSyn Oil

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Heyer, Matthew A." <mheyer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: August 9, 2004 5:00 AM

> It was my understanding
> from my research that the JASO MB specification, which the 15w-50
> Mobil1 red cap carries might cause clutch slippage.

How did you determine that 15W-50 Mobil 1 red cap conforms to JASO MB?
There's no mention of that on the label, at least not here in Canada.

> The Triumph Mobil1 is JASO MA.

How do you know this?  Is it on the label?  That was one of the things I was
trying to confirm.

> Also to note, in the Triumph Shop manual, it states that the oil
> should be 15w-50 with an API rating of SG or SH (sorry cannot remember
> which at the moment) OR HIGHER.

Exactly which shop manual are you referring to and what is the date of
publication.  The Sprint ST/RS manual that I have doesn't say the 'or
higher' part.  It is p/n 3850760 Issue 3, and is dated 10/99.  I purchased
it early in 2000.

Neil

*