RE: [ST] ST longevity/reliability - Here it is

Clutch cable and rear-wheel bearings were recalls, but there were specific
VIN numbers.  More specifically, I know the failure of the clutch cables
came from a known bad batch of cables from Triumph's supplier - hence only a
specific group of bikes (albeit, a large group).  Mine broke and I had it
replaced as part of the recall (2001 ST)

I haven't chimed in yet, but here goes.

Left front blinker cover started to peel off of the fairing.  I had it
replaced before it completely fell off.  It was considered a warranty
repair, so no cost to me.

Right side of belly pan melted slightly (looks sort of bubbly and uneven)
from the heat of the exhaust running close to it on the inside.  Didn't
bother me enough to do anything about it - you could only see it when
looking at the bike from the ground...

Oval emblems on hard bags fell off.

I can say that I wanted a few things better or changed or whatever
(suspension, rubber boots on mirrors, etc), but the above things were the
only things that were defective.

And just to note, my fuel gage ALWAYS worked for 11,000 miles.

Matt Heyer