RE: [ST] ST longevity/reliability - Here it is

> This is just my opinion, and of course everyone is free to have their
own;
> but I don't think it would have any effect.  If anything, there
appears to
> be very little that has occurred that was not a recall.  Sure a few
> warranty
> issues, but not only did they cover those, but there are just not that
> many.
> And the sample size is really small too.  Even if there were more
things
> failing, at this point the sample size is too small for any trend to
be
> statistically significant.  But again, there really does not appear to
be
> too much going wrong.  If anything, I think Peter would applaud
himself
> and
> Triumph for putting out such a great product.  Not that I'm opposed to
> sending it along.  It just depends on what your desired effect is....
>
> Matt Heyer

Matt,
I agree about the sample size. As far as things going wrong the only
place I think Triumph dropped the ball was the fuel sender. Some fuel
senders were recalled because the epoxy was placed over the sheath for
the wires. These are not represented in my web page. Nine people had
supposedly good senders leak and most of those were fixed under
warranty. Personally I think this should have been a recall.

I think that overall the ST is a great product. I did this mostly for
selfish reasons. I wanted to find out if there is anything I need to
worry about long term. The only thing that worries me is oil
consumption. Now I just need to figure out how much oil my bike should
use.
Rupert