Re: [ST] Re: Longevity

Regarding recalls - do you actually get an "official" recall letter from
Triumph, as say you would if you happen to own a piece of crap don't anyone
ever buy one VW Jetta?  My 01 ST falls in the VIN range of the clutch cable
and fuel connector recalls and I've never gotten any "recall" notifications.
The dealer (Libbys in New Haven CT) replaced the fuel connector at the 400
mile service (free) as it was leaking but refused to reimburse me for the
broken clutch cable (~ 2k) as I replaced it myself.  (Cable broke at my
house.  I ordered a replacement from Great Bay in New Hampshire as Libbys
said they didn't have one - their general attitude was that I should have
trailered the bike 45 miles and wait to have the cable replaced.  Based on
what D. Liakos reported regarding Canton MC maybe I'll just travel the extra
50 miles to Canton next time.)

Anyway, the bike was purchased new 10/02 and now has 9K miles.  Other than
the above problems, nothing else to bitch about.  I honestly feel if TA
would get their S*** together and establish a strong dealer network (and in
turn support said dealers) they'd grab a hell of a lot larger share of the
market.

P. Malzahn
Salem CT