Re: [ST] Mobil 1 15W-50

As I read the bottle, the M1 car oil is synthetic base with the additive
package introduced using a mineral oil carrier.  Where did the 30%
synthetic base stock comment come from?  I've used M1 car oil for years and
have all of our cars on it now.  I always thought it was nearly 100%
synthetic, but based on the cheaper synthetic molecules.  That and the
production volume keeps the price down.

It's in my Duc, now and will be in my RS at the next oil change, now that
it is out of warranty.  I will probably change it at 3000 miles and I can
afford it at $4.50/qt.

John Albright

Sooooo, in an attempt to summarize where we are with this ........

First -- Mobil 1 15W-50 (either the Wal-Mart variety or the Triumph-branded
4T) IS NOT 100% synthetic-basis oil.  Are we agreed that this would make it
fall into the Class III category, which means it starts life as a
well-refined dino oil and synthetic base stock (up to 30%) and other
additives are blended in?

http://mail2web.com/ .