Re: [ST] Riding Skills

Steve Lawler wrote:

> In a previous email, Masiak, Richard stated:
>
>>We, on the other hand, are the weekend warriors.
>

> Excuse me? Speak for yourself. Apparently you are one of those people
> that see the motorcycle as a form of recreation not as a form of
> transportation. This, in itself, is one of the problems with how the
> American public views motorcyclists. In the Michigan no-fault insurance
> code, motorcycles are not considered motor vehicles.* Based on what I

What ramifications does this have for a car motorcycle collision?????

> have seen, the US needs to adopt the European view of the motorcycle: a
> sensible form of transportation. But alas, the American public is loath
> to give up their SUV's as their form of transportation.

In general Steve I agree with what you have to say. I ride when I can,
currently I put significantly more miles on my bike than truck (about
50:1). Another issue that I have with the weekend warriors, those
chromed up, squidded up bikes also tend to be loud, cut off cages and
otherwise influence others to dislike motorcycles. Whether it is pulling
a wheelie in rush hour traffic, or having a bike so loud the rider is
wearing ear plugs (yes, I have seen in Dallas!) it puts people off.

I still can not figure out why the cops won't pull someone over because
their bike is obviously *WAY* over the sound limit.

Sorry, must get to work.

cheers,
Tom