Re: [ST] the oil debate put to rest/oil filter cross reference

OH NO.... here comes the filter thread again. I am conducting an
experiment. Every 6000 miles I change my oil and filter. I use Mobile 1
(Triumph dealer variety, Triumph Filter). I know it costs more but I
sleep very soundly at night knowing what I have done. In 32K miles this
has cost me about $350.00 but I have saved a hell of a lot of bandwidth.
As an added bonus, I pour the used oil through a coffee filter and then
pour it into my Scott chain oiler, which in turn keeps my chain well
lubed so I don't have worry about which sprockets to use. This is so I
can use the stock ST bar setup, because the Heli bar set up causes you
to sit more up right, which in turn causes more wind resistance which
makes the engine work harder, which uses more fuel which because of the
increased fuel flow places an undue strain on the fuel disconnects. So
far the results of this experiment are that I have had to have no engine
warranty work done which give me more time to ride.
Al Garvin
San Martin, Ca.