[ST] Electronic design help

I've converted my 1995 Steamer to Daytona 17-inch wheels and brakes, but
kept the stock front forks. The stock forks are too narrow to allow fitting
a standard speedometer drive, so this summer I'm using an electronic bike
speedometer. What I would really like to do, however, is use an electronic
dash unit from another bike, like a Sprint. This would entail two major
bits of work: converting the signal from the bike speedometer sender and
the mechanical tach sender to compatible electronic senders. Are there any
designers out there who can give me some hints on what I should do?

Thanks in advance.