Re: [ST] Remapping

If you want to get the last horsepower you will have to put the bike on
a Dyno to optimize the tune.  Then when the injectors foul a bit you'll
have to do it again.

However, with some knowledge of engine behavior and tuning plus some
patience, you can get one running quite well.  I had mine getting 50 mpg
and 2nd gear power wheelies with a Wolf pipe on it.  I got tired of the
noise and put the stock pipe back on.  Now I've lost those last 3 HP at
9500 and maybe the power wheelies in 2nd.  There are enough tunes out
there that you will not have to build one from scratch.  What you do end
up doing is adjusting many of them to account for manufacturing
tolerances in pressure regulators and injectors and differences between
your bike and the development bike like a K&N filter, or a larger
collector pipe.  The Triumph tune was fat and slow in my bike with the
so-called road-legal Wolf.  It's really easy.  TuneEdit has a
datalogging feature for the post-2002 bikes so you can use the engine's
O2 sensor to give you mixture readings on the road.  No Dyno required;
50mpg easy, over 50 is possible and 115 Hp at the rear wheel is too.

simonb@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>You have to set the tune up properly wit ha dyno in order to get the tune
>correct for the engine under load.  I have seen the tuneboy in use.  It does
>need to be set up on a dyno.
>
>So basically, after spending all that money on an aftermarket can and the
>tuneboy software and license, you wouldnt bother getting it dynod  to check
>the guess by ear  settings?
>
>--
>SimonB

- --