RE: [ST] short ride report..

>From: chuck boatwright <dirac@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>just returned from a little tear up to crater lake, washington state and
>a few other points.
>
>Lesson 1.  if you are 5 miles from home and realize that your forgot the
>airhawk, go back home and get it.  day 5 (an 830 mile run) will remind you
>over and over ..  ad infinium.
        >>big snip<<
>
>--chuck

Excellent report Chuck.  Did anyone pass out and/or throw up ??  That is the
sign of a true party :)

I really need to get up there and ride some of those roads.  Next year, man,
next year for sure  :))

As far as the mileage is concerned, I've noticed the same thing.  I get
'better' mileage blasting around the backroads than I do on the (ugh!)
Interstate.  Example, my last jaunt up thru the Ozarks a month or so ago,
consistant 52-55 mpg, last weekend a blast up I-35 to OKC and back, 48-50
mpg.  Now I ain't bitchin, cause I seem to get mileage on the high side of
the groups average.  My old (rip) ST, rarely got anything better that 45mpg.

Duncan
'00-ST
Tejas