RE: [ST] Triumph tank bag dimensions

<<
Anyway I was thinking it would be nice for my cross-country ride to have
some foam in the tank bag with cut-outs for the bits and pieces that I
tend to carry - particularly my cell phone and mp3 player.

Does anyone have the dimensions of the bag? I know it is a funny oval
shape, but I believe the base is rectangular, so the x & y of that would
work, plus the height.

Measuring mine from the outside (didn't want to dig all the contents out):

12" wide at the center
13" deep at the center
5" high (not expanded)

The base definitely is NOT rectangular; it's elliptical like the top.
Also, be aware that there will be a bit of a bulge at the bottom because of
the waterproof cover that gets stuffed there.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the foam; I just carry a small hand
towel, some plastic grocery bags (not the smiley face variety, though), a
hat, etc, and use that to pad between the rest of the stuff.  My cell phone
just rests on top of everything, letting me plug it in to recharge.

I also have the clear shield for my helmet, wrapped in a soft cloth, on the
inside.  The curve of the shield almost perfectly matches the curve of the
bag.

Enjoy your ride!

  - Dave

http://mail2web.com/ .