[ST] Brakes and Tires, Again!

Yesterday, I replaced the front tire on my RS with another 020.  WOW! what
a difference!  It takes more effort to turn-in and does it quicker.
Strange.

When these two 020s wear out, I want to put longer wearing, more tour
oriented tires on.  What do you recommend?  From what I gather, Avon
AV45/46s and maybe Pilot Roads would do it.  Anybody wear out the Michelins?

When replacing the wheel, I sprayed the caliper pistons off, quickly, with
brake cleaner and pushed the pads as far apart as they'd go.  After
finishing the wheel, I pumped (and pumped and pumped and pumped) the brakes
up and now I have a stunning, stiff brake lever!  It is very much like my
Ducati and just like I want it!  One finger braking is best to keep from
over controlling it.  Braking starts waay out there and after about 1/4" of
travel at the end of the lever.  Brilliant!  I know some of you will say "I
told you do."  For the unbelievers, pull the calipers, spray them off,
spread the pads and replace.  You won't believe it.  Forget the over-sized
M/C.

On another topic, I put in Tune 10119 with my TuneBoy after putting the
stock can back on.  The bike is running so sweet, now.  It will pull
cleanly from 1500 RPM, no bucking or other bad behavior.   It's never been
this good, even with the can and tune 10130.  On top of that, I filled up
last night and pulled onto the road and rolled into about 3/4 throttle.
The front wheel came up, so I quickly shifted to 2nd and the front went
HIGHER.  Normally, it would settle back down and I'd go on like nothing
happened.

If you haven't tried 10119, you should.

John Albright

http://mail2web.com/ .