From: Derek Randles yobigd@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:11:53 -0400
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re: [ST] Brakes and Tires, Again!

I did not even get a full 2000 miles out of my Diablos. 4000 sounds good.
They were REALLY soft and I roasted the edges pretty quick. I was down to
the cords in under 2k.

I am running the new Metzler M6's and love them. I have about 4000 miles on
them now and they do not really appear to have much wear, holding up really
well. Have not have any "scares" on them either!

I am going to try the brake idea, my fronts are so spungy they are scary!
Will do it this weekened. DId you have to remove the diaphrams from the
calipers or just spray out the boots? Did you have to remove the calipers
from the bike? If I remove the wheel then pump the brakes so the pads touch
(in order to spray off as much area as I can) will that damage the
diaphrams?

Thanks. d

http://mail2web.com/ .