RE: [ST] laptop and commuting

Jonathan,

I know your pain. I commute with laptop in bike most days. Currently I use a very small laptop case. I have an IBM Thinkpad. My current laptop case was a cheapo I found at Fry's electronics. It is made by Stelli, but certain laptops don't fit in it. It is made by Stelli, and it fits quite nicely in the panniers.

Eagle Creek makes a laptop sleeve that you can use. It should fit very well into the cover-side of the panniers. It is also prety small, so you could conceivably use it inside of some other bag. Next time I have to change laptops for work, if the laptop is too big for my Stelli case, I'll probably get one of these.

http://www.ebags.com/eagle_creek/laptop_cache/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=41848

inCase makes a cool thing they call a laptop sleeve. I used to use this when I had a larger laptop. It also fits very well into the cover-side of the panniers. I found that on the other side, the bolts on the inside would tear the fabric.

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?edc=664741

You could also try the Tanklocker. I've been intrigued by this, but I'm not partial to tank bags.

https://www.luggagelocker.com/tanklocker.html

Cheers.

Peter Chittum
'01 BRG ST