RE: [ST] Make my SPORT-tourer into a sport-TOURER...?

Bryce,

Geez, mine starts to whine after about 20 miles, not to mention 300.
Honestly, for my GF the discomfort is mostly a leg issue - the RS passenger
footpegs are pretty tucked and she's 5'-8".  I don't see any real solution
to this problem short of trying to see if ST pegs will fit, but that might
require exhaust mods.  I've never seen anything on the aftermarket for this.

If it were me I'd probably use this as an excuse to get a different bike.
Yes, the RS is a fantastic bike, but it can't do everything well. No bike
can.  You've handled to solo twisty experience with the addition of the 600
so if you're going to go the 2 bike route the RS isn't an ideal 2nd bike if
the other half of the equation involves touring.  Before my RS I had a
FJ1200, great bike, great ergos, huge stomping motor and a following every
bit as rabid as the RS/ST list.  I'd look for a 93 w/ ABS, put some GIVI
bags on it and call it a day.  Or if you're feeling flush dump down on a new
Tiger, you'll probably find that your RS is worth as much in trade to a
Triumph dealer as it is for sale on the open market.

That's my 0.02 and probably worth about as much.

Nate