Re: [ST] Triumph tank bag dimensions

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Jean Doublet wrote:

> --- Paul English <tallpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Anyway I was thinking it would be nice for my
> > cross-country ride to have
> > some foam in the tank bag with cut-outs for the bits
> > and pieces that I
> > tend to carry - particularly my cell phone and mp3
> > player.
> >
> I carry a cell phone, a cd-player and a camera in my
> tank bag when I ride. I wouldn't worry to much about
> extra foam. The side panels on the bag are really
> stiff and the tank pad to which the bag itself zips is
> quite thick.

In retrospect, I don't think I'm going to worry about it either - I'll
just put a towel or an extra shirt in there to pad them since I'll need
those things for a long trip anyway.

> I live in Maryland as well (but won't be back there
> before the end of the week. Any help you would need ?)

Not before the end of the week! Actually I'm still waiting on the title
for the bike before I can do anything useful with it. I bought it on ebay,
but the seller figured that he could transfer it to me without registering
it, and did so just before I got there (I think he could have, but that's
past now). I had temp tags to ride it over to my Uncle's house, where it
still sits. He's got my deposit and will get the rest of the money when I
get the title.

Unfortunately he was also going out of the country at the time, and had
his mail forwarded to his sister's who also moved. To cap off a long
story, the title has not arrived in MD yet such that it can be sent on to
me. The seller and his sister both are talking to the DMV to see if it can
be tracked down.

I am still hoping to ride it out this way before the weather gets too
rotten (snow, ice). I can ride it year round in Seattle so if I can't do
the cross-country trip I will just have it shipped.

All that said, I may well take you up on that offer of help. At the moment
I'm still in the planning stages, and not in a particular rush since I
don't have the title. I think all I need to do on it is an oil change, new
chain and frame sliders, all of which I can do at my Uncle's house. I'll
parts of the 24k service myself when I get it out here, and have a shop out
here do the throttle body sync and valve check/adj.

Paul